This is a quick guide on how to photograph the Aurora. The recommended settings are a great place to start. What’s your preferred settings? Comment below.
- Put the camera on a tripod or a steady surface.
- Set your camera and lens to manual.
- Turn off image stabilization.
- Turn off flash.
- Use a remote trigger, or set the release timer to minimum 2 seconds.
|ISO||800 – 1600|
|Aperture||2.8 or the lowest number your lens can do|
|Shutter||12 – 20 seconds|
- You’re going to be outside for a long time. Dress acordingly and make sure you’re not getting cold.
- Remember extra batteries. Cold weather make batteries loose power faster.
- Bring extra memory cards. You’ll probably need theese especially if you shoot in RAW.
- Have fun and enjoy!
|Share your photos|